The Confédération Africaine de Football (“CAF”) Executive Committee unanimously agreed on behalf of African Football to support Morocco’s FIFA World Cup 2030 bid.
Morocco recently announced at the 73rd FIFA Congress in Kigali, that it is bidding to host the FIFA World Cup 2030 in partnership with Spain and Portugal.
The President of CAF Dr Patrice Motsepe said: “The unanimous decision that was taken by the CAF Executive Committee to support Morocco’s bid to host the FIFA World Cup 2030 means that the bid of Morocco is now the bid of the African Continent. We are now focusing on ensuring that Africa once more hosts the FIFA World Cup and are committed to working together with all Football National Associations and Confederations to make this happen.”
A decision was also taken by CAF to open the bid for hosting the Africa Cup of Nations 2027 because of the requests by numerous CAF Member Associations and their Governments to host the AFCON competition.
CAF will announce the successful Nations that will host the Africa Cup of Nations 2025 and the Africa Cup of Nations 2027 at the same time before September this year.
The CAF Executive Committee was also updated on the substantial progress that is being made in relation to the inaugural African Super League that will kick off later this year.
- Hawks @ Celtics 7:00 p.m. CAT
- Sixers @ Nets 7:00 p.m. CAT
- Hornets @ Cavaliers 7:00 p.m. CAT
- Magic @ Heat 7:00 p.m. CAT
- Pacers @ Knicks 7:00 p.m. CAT
- Bucks @ Raptors 7:00 p.m. CAT
- Rockets @ Wizards 7:00 p.m. CAT
- Pistons @ Bulls 7:00 p.m. CAT
- Spurs @ Mavericks 9:30 p.m. CAT
- Pelicans @ Timberwolves 9:30 p.m. CAT
- Grizzlies @ Thunder 9:30 p.m. CAT
- Kings @ Nuggets 9:30 p.m. CAT
- Jazz @ Lakers 9:30 p.m. CAT
- Clippers @ Suns 9:30 p.m. CAT
- Warriors @ Trail Blazers 9:30 p.m. CAT